Why can't you exercise today? There are many many reasons. Try to think of all of the reasons that you have given (either aloud or in your own mind) for not exercising on a particular day.
Here is a list of reasons I have used. They fall under five categories: weather, time, health, safety, vanity, companions, and promises.
- It is too hot.
- It is too cold.
- It is lightning.
- It is too windy. I'll get an earache.
- It is too sunny. I'll need sunscreen.
- It is raining.
- The weather is too perfect to spend the day exercising.
- It is too early.
- It is too late.
- I have an appointment soon.
- I have already taken my shower.
- Kids will be home soon.
- Just ate.
- About to eat.
- I don't have time between schlepping kids here and there.
- I am on my period.
- I am about to start my period.
- I'm bloated.
- I'm tired.
- I have a headache.
- I have a cold.
- My stomach hurts.
- Myfoot/ knee/ hip/ whatever hurts.
- Exercise gives me migraines.
- I'm worried about my heart.
- I am worried that I'll get asthma.
- I'm worried about being mugged.
- There is a rapist on the loose.
- I'm worried that I'll get hit by a car.
- What if someone breaks into my house while I'm out?
|Well now, with such a list of reasons that we can't exercise, why do we ever even try? I'm not ending this article here, so you know that we are not going to get by with these reasons anymore.
This is because these are not reasons, but EXCUSES. We have, for far too long, been making excuses for staying slothful, lazy, and unfit.
Oh I know that it is often difficult to fit new activities into our hectic schedules. I know that we don't always feel "up to" doing some things. I KNOW that we are tired and that we hurt.
I also know that, since you are still with me, you are ready to get going with this! In the next section, I'll show you how you can work within the realities of your life to improve it with an exercise program.